DNA Weight Loss Challenge Details
Thank you for your interest in my DNA weight loss challenge kicking off in mid-January 2018. Here's what you need know:
- Participation in the program is 100% free but do not sign up if you're not serious. This is a science experiment.
- You MUST have existing DNA data from 23andMe, Ancestry.com, or FamilyTreeDNA at the time of registration. No exceptions can be made. Note that DNA test results take 6-8 weeks to rcv so you will not have time to order a test now.
- The study will launch in late January 2018 and the deadline to sign up is December 29, 2017.
- To start, you will complete a wellness profile that allows us to establish your current weight, lifestyle preferences, activity levels and food preferences as a starting point. We will provide you with guidelines on how to record your food intake and your weight using an app you can download on your phone and connect the data to our nutrition experts who can monitor your progress.
- On a weekly basis: You will get dietary recommendations based on an analysis of your unique DNA with regards to your carbohydrate, fat, and protein intake, optimal calorie limits and micronutrient intake. We will monitor your compliance at the end of each week and adjust the plans for the upcoming week based on your actual progress.
- Our program staff (from our partner Lifenome), will check in with you once in a week using email to ensure you stay on track and provide you with support. We will also tell you where you stand with regards to your weight loss progress compared to others in the participant group across different progress metrics.
- At the end of the 8 weeks, we will provide you with your average compliance rates with the dietary recommendations and provide you with information on where you stand with regards to your weight loss performance compared to other participants.
- You are welcome to invite friends to participate. Feel free to share this page, heatherbauer.com/dna.
We have limited participant capacity of 100 individuals on a first come first serve rule!